Email marketing is commonly referred to as using email to market your business to potential prospects and to existing customers on your email database.
When people subscribe to your database, they give you permission to send them regular emails. When bulk emails are sent out to unsolicited recipients for commercial gains, this is known as SPAM. Now, the acronym for SPAM does not mean anything that relates back to messaging or emailing. Some businesses believe due to SPAM, email marketing is dead!
There is some truth in this…
However, at IMD we believe this is only half true and argue that it is only dead if you go about it the wrong way.
Here are some tips to improve your email marketing activities:
- Know who your readers are
- Determine the content
- Plan out your emails frequency
- Know what you are trying to achieve
- Have a call to action
- Make sure you have captivating headlines
- Test and measure your performance
- Make sure you treat your readers with respect
- Only provide useful, informative and up-to-date content
- Show you are human and use personality in your content
- Get straight to the point and keep the content nice and sweet