Pay Per Click (PPC)
What is Pay Per Click (PPC)?
The phrase pay per click is used loosely on the online marketing world. This term is also referred to as PPC, cost per click or CPC.
This online marketing model is used to generate website traffic via paid ads from publishers. Once the ads are clicked the publishers get paid for the ‘click’ for a fee. However, if the advertisement does not generate a click, the advertiser does not need to pay the publisher.
At present the most popular search engine publishers are Google, Baidu, Yahoo, Yandex and Bing. The leading social media publisher is Facebook.
This online marketing model is the preferred choice for businesses wanting instant traffic and leads, both big and small.
Facts: In 2011, it’s been recorded that Google Inc generated approximately $37.9 billion in revenue. Here’s an estimated breakdown by earnings from the top 10 PPC industries.
- Finance & Insurance – $4.0 Billion
- Retailers & General Merchandise – $2.8 Billion
- Travel & Tourism – $2.4 Billion
- Jobs & Education – $2.2 Billion
- Home & Garden— $2.1 Billion
- Computer & Consumer Electronics – $2.0 Billion
- Vehicles – $2.0 Billion
- Internet & Telecommunications – $1.7 Billion
- Business & Industrial – $1.6 Billion
- Occasions & Gifts – $1.2 Billion